“Experience is not an indicator of future success.”
This episode brings insights from the man known as Dr. Disneyland, Jeff Barnes on how to empower everyone to create magic. Jeff is the author of “The Wisdom of Walt”, a book that details leadership and creativity inspired by Walt Disney. Between all that Jeff shares in his books, keynotes, and time on this episode, there is no doubt that Disney’s principles of success can be applied in the modern workplace.
One of the things we discuss is why companies need to adopt a hiring strategy that isn’t just based on experience. It is important that your hiring plan focuses on the right skill set and a willingness to learn. This is when it will pay off having a strong vision and culture. Those will give the internal clarity needed to improve recruitment and retention figures.
Employee empowerment, combined with a clear vision, can lead to outstanding customer service. This episode is a must-listen for HR professionals who want to build a strong company culture and improve their leadership and creative skills.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Recognize the advantages of prioritizing attitude and motivation in staff selection
- Grasp the essentials of developing a powerful company vision and culture for lasting success
- Master methods to encourage employees’ dedication to delivering remarkable customer service
- Cultivate dynamic leadership traits that involve embracing risks and adapting quickly
- Promote workplace creativity, ongoing education, and collaboration for well-rounded teams
Disney HR strategies and their empowering mindset are a big part of the company’s success. Listening to this episode is a great first step for any leader wanting to use similar people strategies to shape every interaction within their organization.
Discover how a transformative experience at a steakhouse challenged the way Jeff looked at traditional hiring practices and what can happen when you create a workforce that is empowered to push boundaries.
Connect with Jeff
Book: The Wisdom of Walt
LinkedIn: Jeffrey Barnes
Connect with Tim and his team:
LinkedIn: Best Culture Solutions, Inc